YES! Together we can build the best world now!
“I have always been restless, with an incessant will to change the world, but I really did not know how to deal with what I felt! Warriors Without Weapons showed me what to do and how to deal with my restlessness, and it gave me a sense of confidence when it showed me we are many, spread all over the world, changing little so that we change the whole. The world is changing. We have to take part in those changes!” (Denise Pessoa, GSA 2007)
If you recognize yourself in those words, it is a plain sign your heart is saying YES!
Warriors Without Weapons is an experiential international leadership and social entrepreneurship training program offered to youth to provide the tools needed to transform realities anywhere in the world.
It is a 240hs program in three different communities in Baixada Santista, with an experienced staff of facilitators and consultants.
Get ready! The Warriors Without Weapons is a course, but is very different from the traditional ways of teaching you may have seen so far. Here you put your hands to work to make a collective dream of a better world a reality in 32 days!
HOW TO TRANSFORM A DREAM INTO REALITY
Elos Philosophy teaches us that we can change the world using the resources we already have and do not realize. We can do it in a collective, pleasurable and fun way!
Therefore, we value the knowledge of all those involved with Warriors Without Weapons and by the end of a month’s course, we will have turned our collective dreams into a reality way better than we could have dreamed of! Throughout the process, you will be constantly asked and encouraged to cultivate a better version of yourself and, thus, relating to the community and environment around you.
“Those who are not afraid of being happy and trying the crazy and deep happiness once shall have the best of our truth”. This quote by Clarice Lispector defines really well the Warriors Without Weapons, for it is such a transforming and intense experience that today, a year and a half after taking it, I can still use it in every single moment of my life. (Cláudia Scognamiglio Ribeiro do Vall)
FOR YOU WHO HAVE DECIDED TO CHANGE THE WORLD NOW
It is worth mentioning that we would love WARRIORS WITHOUT WEAPONS to host all those interested in participating. However, the structure and communities involved can only hold 60 participants. To solve this problem, we created a different, sharing and participative way of selecting participants. It takes place in an online game called THE YES PATH.
You will realize that during this journey, you will be able to take lots of different actions towards changing yourself, others around you and the world that surrounds you. So, show us the best version of yourself in each step of the game.
If you are interested in finding out more about Warriors Without Weapons 2014, contact email@example.com.
EVERYTHING IN LIFE HAS A PRICE
The program includes 240 hours of training, methodological materials, accomodation, transportation in Santos and meals in the lodging (breakfast and dinner). The total cost for each warrior is R$ 11,000 – half the cost is subsidized by the Elos Institute, through partnerships and investments from partners, and the other half is the responsibility of each participant. This means that, if selected, you will have to pay R$ 5,500.
If you really want to become a warrior without weapons, we are sure you will be able to gather the amount necessary. We offer the material and personalized coaching to support you in achieving that:
“I am glad to say no one was ever out of the program due to a financial matter, especially because we take the challenge of ensuring the diversity of the participants in different aspects – including the social and economic – very seriously. The groups are always diverse, with people from different social classes and backgrounds. However, the program DOES HAVE a cost, which allows us to have the proper infrastructure and conditions to form the 60 extremely talented and entrepreneurial young participants during the 32 days of the program. Their participation is possible in an abundance based economy, not on scarcity. I am always available to talk to the selected participants about it and put them in contact with other participants who thought they deserved to take part in GSA and walked through the path that made it possible with the support of Elos and the warriors”. Val Rocha, Instituto Elos Brasil
We will now share the stories of some warriors who were able to gather the resources in an innovative and creative way:
- Glenda Barcarol bet in a multiple resources gathering strategy involving investing her own money, bingo, bazaar, raffles and funding through Vakinha website. She was then able to surpass her initial goal. Lean more on http://glendagsa2012.blogspot.com.br/2012/06/captacao-de-recursos-reta-final.html;
- In Clarissa Muller´s case, the goals were clear and her ability to create value from her own experience was vital in gathering resources through a campaign in Catarse group: http://catarse.me/pt/projects/578-compartilhando-minha-experiencia-no-guerreirs-sem-armas-2012. Learn the steps of fundraising on http://clarissagsa2012.blogspot.com.br/2012/05/inspiracao.html
- Amanda Hammes, from Blumenau, facilitated an Oasis for a major company which, in turn, paid her registration in the Warriors Without Weapons;
- Beatriz Pedreira contacted Emygdio Neto, a participant of the 2009 edition, and he made a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkwABdV2he0&feature=related) about the professional benefits of participating in the program. This testimonial was inspiring enough to convince Beatriz’s boss to pay for her participation in the program;
- Leticia Tavares used a variety of strategies, which included organizing bazaars and parties, and made her blog a platform for creating a relationship with people who supported her. This is how she raised the full amount to pay the registration, the whole process is recorded on her blog (http://saldaterraguerreirossemarmas.wordpress.com/category/contribuicoes/ );
- Leo Duarte organized a bazaar to sell his and his friends’ old objects. He announced the event and made a great campaign that mobilized the resources needed to cover the costs of registration for the program;
For the Elos Institute’s fundraising efforts of actually meeting the needs of young people who require financial assistance, the entries made directly by companies have total cost of $ 11,000 per participant selected.